Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Relative Satisfaction

I moved from a spacious and now seemingly luxurious one bedroom in Indiana to a shoe box in New York city.  But it wasn’t until I visited the Padrona region in Bihar that I found a new appreciation for the Patna guest house I’m now living in. The initial shock of the dirty bathroom I share with men wore off only when I heard from another fellow who had no running water. Suddenly, I was thankful for my cold bucket baths despite the swarming mosquitoes. The darkness in rural Bihar gave me an appreciation for the fluctuating voltage in the city that ruined my charger day 1. Making a twelve hour train, bus and rickshaw journey made me realize the luxury of sitting in a car for six.


Satisfaction is so relative.

No comments:

Post a Comment