Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Snail mail worth the wait!


Only a true friend can send you a care package that will last for 8 months!  My care package came from Katie and the Cains. Complete with 20 types of card depending on what type of day I was having - there's one for a crappy day, a lonely day, when I need a hug, even one for when I miss Momma Cain! Warm fuzzy socks, a diary with special reminders, Andes mint chocolates and 3 types of deodorants for the torturous heat, I've heard so much about. I even have pictures of Little Em with her pretty blue eyes. My desk that seemed rather bare, is suddenly personalized.

I've always been a little old fashioned preferring hand written notes and letters. The charm of being surprised by a note or a parcel is incomparable. As I opened my box of goodies, I imagined Katie packing it, giggling to herself as she wrote on each envelope and card. The distance disappeared for a while. My favorite (not that I would trade any of the wonderful presents) is the little box with a 100 reasons why she can't wait until I go back home. Directions say: "Open one every morning.  XOXOXOXO"

It is overwhelming to have such thoughtful & loving people in my life. I am the luckiest gal in Patna!

2 comments:

  1. How incredibly sweet! Your friends are indicative of the person you are Neha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Katie girl sounds like a keeper. :) She loves you and thinks the world of you. Keep up the good work over there and we can't wait to get you back home!

    ReplyDelete