Saturday, April 21, 2012

Patience



I distinctly remember facing the panelists as they asked me my biggest weakness. At that point I had realized they were either going to like me for who I really am – or else I truly wasn’t a good fit for the fellowship. So I spoke candidly to a panel of folks that believed in patient capital – “My biggest weakness is patience.”  

The fellowship has attacked this weakness head on time and time again with work, myself, relationships and results. I conducted my first solo business development visit yesterday. For the first time in the last 6 months, I finally felt confident enough about my knowledge and my abilities to sell the business model we’ve developed at Husk.  I just needed to have the patience to develop an understanding of the plants and the intricacies of their operations. Patience to listen to the most common questions we get from potential partners. Patience to know how and when to push. Patience with myself to adjust and learn.

Patience to deliver measureable impact. 

No comments:

Post a Comment