Saturday, April 21, 2012

6 Months In...



I knew I had taken a break from writing – but I didn’t realize it was this long! I’m now six months into the fellowship.  The last three have passed much faster than I anticipated.  Highlights below:

·         I went back to CORD with the Kelley Globase Crew.  Spending time at CORD was truly inspirational and reenergized me from within. There’s something magical about Sidhbari – the mountains, the fresh air, the Hari Om greetings, early mornings and late nights - they all seem to help you silence yourself. It is as if all the burdens of the world are lifted up; you experience and admire nature in its purest form. Spending  time with Dr. Didi was just a reminder of how one person, leading through love can create a sustainable change that seems magical, even amidst all of nature’s wonders.

An ordinary view in Sidhbari

Holi @ CORD!
Photo Credit: Madhu
·         I went to Africa for the first time! Nairobi, Kenya and Zanzibar, Tanzania in particular.  Reconnecting with the other fellows was fantastic. I walked away as I always do, when I spend time with them, with many things to think about, even more things to put into practice, and a renewed appreciation for having this incredible opportunity.  We had a chance to visit some of E. African fellows’ social initiatives and I was blown away by their commitment to change.  When I think of passion - I always ask myself – what would be worth risking my life? It feels unreal when you meet those that are already doing so without hesitation and an ounce of regret. More on that via a separate blog.
Fellows with Rama @ Baba Dogo, Nairobi
Photo Credit : Ramil


Extreme Lunch!
A lioness and her cubs had just left this spot
Photo Credit: Ramil

·         Took a few days off on a Safari – possibly the most incredible place I’ve ever visited.  It feels as though you’ve gone back in time and are witnessing the world as it once was. It is absolutely stunning – I don't have words to describe it justly. Think Yousef said it best – “I can’t believe we waited this long to do this!”





·         At work we've managed to finally finish an animation video that explains our business model.  As Albert Einstein said – “If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”– I think I am finally starting to understand it.  Would love feedback and another soundtrack!!

Phew – it’s been a hectic but fun 3 months!  No more writing vacations....

No comments:

Post a Comment